It was a good end to week 7 of marathon training. The weeks seem to be flying by, which I guess is a good thing. I probably wont be saying that when the REALLY REALLY long runs start here soon...

When I first decided I wanted to run a full marathon, I had and still have no expectations on my finish time. The only two goals I have when running this full is 1. Have fun 2. Finish. During this training, I've been extremely cautious about my nutrition and hydration, which is what I think has helped me continue to run my fastest times. On Tuesdays 4 mile run, I think the rubber on my shoes were hot from running so fast. I ran 32:07, an 8:02 minute mile pace. It's amazing how fast you can push yourself when you have a lot on your mind, or have a lot of tension to work out!

With the forecast calling for a lovely spring snow storm on Saturday, Jeremy and I decided to switch our 12 mile long run to Thursday, in which it was a beautiful, sunny 64 degrees! We had a great 12 mile run and the fastest for me for sure. Our time was 1:44:47, 8:44 minute pace. During this run, we switched to the Powerbar chews we had a few weeks ago, but tried the raspberry flavor, which were really good! I was very happy with our time, and it was exciting to run the longer runs again. On Sunday, we went ahead and did the ole' treadmill routine for 5 miles, which wasn't too terrible at all.

We are pretty lucky to have an organized half marathon next weekend here in KC called "Rock the Parkway" during the same weekend we are scheduled to run 13 for our training. Since we have to run 13 miles anyways, why not pay for a nice medal, a shirt, and all the race goodies after-wards! It will be a nice change to run along the scenic Ward Parkway with thousands of others. Jeremy and I discussed it and agreed to make sure that even though this is an organized run, we are still going to wear our fuel belts, bring our power bar chews and treat it like a normal training run. No need for pushing for a PR if we are not feeling it.

Next week will mark the two month mark into this exciting journey. The weeks are flying by and the weather is getting nicer and nicer! I keep imagining what the weather and scenery will be in San Diego in June, and I can't wait to take it all in!