Another week of marathon training down, and we are in the double digits of how many days are left until the marathon. I am getting so excited! Spring is trying to get here in Kansas City, slowly but surely. But of course, rain comes with the spring time, so it looks like we'll have some wet runs ahead!

Our Tuesday's run of 4 miles was good! Still running around a 8:30 minute mile pace. I have developed a case of the "runner's knee" and after we were done running, my left knee cap felt really loose...it's kind of hard to explain. It felt unstable with some pain. On Thursday, I had some travel for work, and it was raining that morning, so we just ran 4 miles on the treadmill early, which wasn't that bad. Friday morning I swam 1200 meters and felt great! Swimming has really been a great cross-training exercise that I am excited about getting back into! I have noticed that it really stretches my legs and arms out really good, and I feel so much better when I run my longer runs!

Saturday's long run (7 miles) felt great for me. I ended up buying a brace that goes right below my knee cap for additional support and it felt wonderful! It gave me really good support and wasn't too bulky! The weather was really windy and rainy, and our time ended up being 58:02 (8:17 minute mile pace). During the run we tried another "energy" supplement called Cliff Bar Bloks- strawberry flavor. These tasted really good, but were super chewy and hard to swallow because they stuck to my teeth so bad. For me, eating any kind of "chew" energy supplement is tough because it kinda messes up my breathing, if that makes any sense. So, I've learned that to not really "chew" on them, but to try to cut them in half and swallow them whole, which is easier. I think incorporating the chews, Gu's, bloks, and everything else is just going to be an experimental phase to see which one works best!